Job Seekers, Sign In
Academic Department Chair « Position Deleted on 3/26/2013 »
|Posted:||02/14/2013 (Reposted Job: Initially posted on 09/20/2011)|
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsDEPARTMENT: Computer Information Science
REPORTS TO: Dean - College of Graduate and Professional Studies
For consideration, qualified candidates who meet the minimum qualifications submit ALL the following in ONE PACKAGE directly to the Human Resources Department, preferably by mailed hard copy.
- An application cover letter with statements of teaching philosophy and research interests
- A completed Shaw University Application Form (available through the Shaw website link below)
- A current resume or curriculum vitae
- If available, submit unofficial transcripts of graduate work from all institutions attended. Official transcripts are required if an offer of employment is made.
Note: Candidates selected for interview are personally responsible for any potential travel and/or relocation expenses incurred.
- Ph.D. in a college specific discipline from an accredited college or university.
- Five years of progressive experience including a combination of college-level teaching and administrative experience.
- Prior supervisory experience.
- In support of the University's established strategic goals, priorities and objectives, ensures quality-efficient educational programs and services are provided form within the assigned academic department.
- Provides effective leadership in the implementation of effective policies and procedures.
- Effectively teach courses in a college specific discipline.
- Selects and retains qualified subordinate personnel to ensure the provision of quality-efficient external/internal customer service satisfaction through ongoing support, training, supervision, coaching, counseling, and performance review.
- Provide effective overall internal organizational leadership.
- Provides effective upward communication and support; keeps immediate manager informed on operation, issues and needs on a timely basis.
- Prepares and properly submits applicable forms, memos, reports, etc. on a timely and complete basis.
- Effectively performs financial/budget-impacting responsibilities.
- Identifies needed areas of self-improvement an actively pursues appropriate means and method to increase effectiveness in those areas.
- Effectively performs assigned projects to meet desired deadlines.
- Relate to people in a manner as to win confidence, support, and understanding in the purposes, programs and fundraising goals of the University.
- Conduct effective employment interviews, make sound hiring recommendations.
- Conduct employee counseling sessions in a motivating manner, initiating disciplinary action recommendations through proper procedures, as necessary.
- Conduct effect meetings and training sessions.
- Attend official University functions.
- Abide by and ensure compliance with all departmental and University policies and procedures.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Retirement plan
- Must provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
- Subject to a background check, drug screen.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
© Copyright 2015 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.