Job Seekers, Sign In
Staff Assistant, Facilities Department, Building Services « Position Deleted on 4/02/2013 »
|Institution:||North Shore Community College|
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
|Salary:||$43,000 to $50,000 USD Per Year|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsStaff Assistant, Facilities Management-Building Services
Professional Non-Unit Position, Danvers Campus
12:00 Noon to 8:00 pm
Responsible for the day-to-day operation and management of janitorial services at all campus locations. Primary responsibilities include supervision of janitorial staff; evaluation of janitorial services to ensure established performance standards are met, coordination of janitorial support services for set ups of College's events at all locations, management of recycling and green cleaning programs.
- Supervise the janitorial staff to ensure the appropriate daily cleaning of the college with emphasis on
- Complete scheduled and unscheduled inspections and evaluations of all maintained space. Take immediate and
strategic measures to improve performance of maintenance workforce.
- Establish and provide training for all new and existing full
and part-time janitorial personnel. Creates training material and other aids to train personnel.
- Research new cleaning methods,
techniques and equipment and make recommendations for improving custodial efficiency.
- Conduct inspections; create work orders using
work order control system. If it is custodial work, assign the task, monitor for completion and close out work order.
CAMIS, a maintenance management system, to approve requested services, close work orders completed by the department, develop equipment and
facility preventive maintenance schedules and ensure their timely completion on a daily basis.
- Plan and organize work schedules for
all janitorial staff and evaluate on a continual basis the cleanliness of the building. Coordinate janitorial support for events at multiple
- Schedules overtime and on-call coverage for maintenance personnel.
- Coordinate the services of the
janitorial department necessary for the successful set up of College-wide events and commencement, outside of and during normal business
- Exercise effective management of the janitorial supply inventory at multiple locations to ensure supplies are available to
maintain the facilities to established standards.
- Assist in projecting supply needs and inventory levels and makes recommendations
for modifying custodial budget.
- Work with vendors to obtain quotes and evaluate new products for custodial use.
contracts and purchase orders with vendors for supplies, equipment and services including pest control, waste disposal, and janitorial
supplies necessary for efficient operation of the department.
- Participate in the hiring process and make hiring recommendations.
- Initiates personnel actions as required including training, motivation assistance and disciplinary action.
attendance, timekeeping, vacation schedules, worker performance, complete annual employee evaluations and provide feedback to employee.
- Respond to emergency calls and contact appropriate personnel to properly rectify the situation.
- Collaborate with others in
organizing emergency inclement weather teams.
- Conduct assessment of cleaning equipment such as floor machine, scrubbers,
burnishers, carpet extractors, etc.
- Responsible for preventive maintenance on janitorial equipment or assisting service contractor
in conducting the preventive maintenance.
- Manage and comply with Right to Know, O.S.H.A. and ADA requirements, update MSDS records
required by state regulations and departmental policies.
- Manage a variety of recycling programs such as paper, plastic, glass,
cooking oil, etc. Work with outside partners to coordinate collections and establish new recycling programs.
- Establish Green
Cleaning practices to satisfy LEED requirements and promote advanced, environmentally preferred, methods of cleaning throughout all
- Research the market for certified green products.
- Maintain accurate records and reports as required to ensure
effective operations of janitorial services.
- Establish and foster harmonious working relationship with other departments,
participate in college committees, contribute to interdepartmental teams, attend meetings, trainings and other trade or educational events
provided by state agencies or associations.
- Other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: Direct supervision of Maintenance Working Foreman and Maintainers I & II.
- Post-secondary degree plus three years of related work experience, or an equivalent combination of training
and experience required.
- Strong planning and organizational skills required to effectively manage available personnel and resources
to ensure all buildings are properly serviced.
- Experience in supervising janitorial services at an institution with multiple campus
locations and with training, organizing, prioritizing and scheduling work assignments.
- Experience negotiating and managing service
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills along with a demonstrated commitment to providing customer service
- Experience with computerized work order system and maintenance management software.
- Practical and
theoretical knowledge of green cleaning concepts and methods.
- Proficiency in computer applications and working knowledge of
Microsoft Office suite, internet and email.
- Working knowledge of applicable federal, state and local regulations, code requirements
and safety practices.
- Ability to read and interpret schematics, drawings and blueprints.
- Must have the ability to work
outside of the scheduled hours and weekends. Must be able to commute between campuses and to off campus events Successful experience
interacting with culturally diverse populations required.
- Successful experience in interacting with culturally diverse population.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to work in confined spaces, on ladders, and on scaffolds if needed.
- Certifications in the field of facilities management preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge of CAMIS computerized maintenance management system.
- Experience in an academic setting.
- Experience with the
development of janitorial policies, procedures and practices.
- Experience in supervising janitorial services at an institution with multiple campus locations.
North Shore Community College is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Underrepresented populations are encouraged to apply and to identify themselves. Reasonable accommodation is available to otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities. Employment based on meeting the requirements set forth by the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986. All inquires concerning applications of above should be addressed to the College’s Affirmative Action / Section 504 / ADA Coordinator.
© Copyright 2015 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.