Manager, Network Systems - West Lafayette - IT Infrastructure Services(Job Number: 1201856)
- Admin - Computing - Management/Director
- Admin - Computing - Network/System Administration
The Manager, Network Systems will provide current and future direction for the university data network. Lead teams to plan, evaluate, select, implement, install, and manage projects and initiatives that pertain to campus data networks. Supervise the data network staff. Plan, develop, monitor and manage the budgets required to support the network. Assure appropriate communications and coordination with management, other IT areas and other university departments. Provide technical leadership in developing and maintaining a robust, highly reliable, highly available and disaster tolerant network environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Technology, Electrical Engineering Technology or similar technical field.
- Three years of progressively responsible experience in Information Technology with a wide range of network technologies.
- Consideration will be given to an equivalent combination of related education and required work experience.
- Experience with large network environments and in developing and analyzing network usage and trends.
- Experience supervising technical staff.
- Experience with Cisco products and knowledge of Cisco IOS and wireless networks.
- Understanding of network protocols and concepts.
- Good written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated planning, project management and supervision skills.
- Ability to effectively guide, lead and develop technical employees promoting team relationship skills and communication along with the ability to manage a professional workforce spanning both the normal work day and after hours support.
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously, as well as the ability to both set and adhere to project deadlines.
- Ability to oversee the design and deployment of tools and technologies.
- Must be able to interact with a variety of customers in a professional manner.
- Must have a valid Indiana driver's license.
- Experience with customer support.
- Knowledge of University purchasing, budget, and human resource policies and procedures.
Employment in this position will require a background check for both new and current University employees.
FLSA: Exempt (Not Eligible For Overtime).
Retirement Eligibility: Defined Contributions Immediately.
Purdue University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer.