Job Seekers, Sign In
Senior Associate Director, Marketing « Position Deleted on 4/20/2013 »
|Institution:||University of Chicago Booth School of Business|
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsThe Senior Associate Director of Marketing is responsible for providing marketing guidance and services to the Associate Dean of Executive Education, Director of Executive Education, and Associate Directors managing portfolios of public open-enrollment and custom executive education programs. Create relationships with corporate customers; managing annual marketing budget; Advise Executive Education senior staff regarding portfolio strategy, new program development; and relationship management.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in establishing program objectives, long term goals, division policies, and procedures.
- Initiate and maintain contact with client organizations.
- Evaluate effectiveness of marketing activities and revise promotions as required.
- Contribute a marketing perspective to the deliberations of the unit's top administration.
- Prepare data that might be needed by the associate Dean, and/or Director of Executive Education on a particular markets, size, segments, trends, and behavioral dynamics.
- Conducts studies of the needs, perceptions, preferences, and satisfactions of particular markets.
- Appraise the workability of new academic proposals from a marketing point of view.
- Conduct research to assess the viability of programs offered.
- Supervise the development of communications and promotional campaigns and materials.
- Analyze and advise on pricing questions.
- Prioritize the various requests for services, according to their long-term impact, cost savings potential, time requirements, ease of accomplishments, cost, and urgency.
- Prepare a budget request to support the anticipated work.
- Prepare annual reports on the main accomplishments of the office.
- Analyze financial performance and implement corrective administrative action when appropriate.
- Authorize payment for materials, facilities, and staff.
- Oversee the promotional planning, schedule and logistical production.
- Conduct on-going analysis of the state of the art business practices and integrate faculty groups in the development of new products.
- Engage in activities that promote the Chicago Booth.
- Interview, hire, train, and evaluate professional staff.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- MBA preferred.
- At least four years of directly related experience in marketing or higher education required.
- Considerable management experience, including the supervision of professional employees, required.
- Considerable experience in executive and management development or related field required.
- Deep knowledge of industry demands required.
- Ability to achieve objectives with minimal direction required;
- Budget management skills required.
- Knowledge of program subject matter required.
- Ability to develop educational programs and curricula required.
- Analytical skills, problem-solving skills and decision-making skills required.
- Attention to detail required.
- Organizational skills required.
- Verbal and written communication skills required.
- Interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team required.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality required.
- Ability to manage stressful situations required.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, set priorities, and meet deadlines required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office required.
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer.
© Copyright 2015 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.