Bindley Flow Facility Manager - Bindley Bioscience Center
- Admin - Laboratory and Research
- Admin - Facilities Management
Manage the service component of the flow cytometry facility focused on cell identification and cell sorting in collaboration with Purdue researchers. The facility is equipped with a new Becton Dickinson FACS Aria III cell sorter, and a collection of additional instruments. The Manager will be responsible for operations and handling of these instruments and will supervise technical staff trained to run the instruments while serving as point of contact for the facility to describe capabilities and limitations of the technology to potential and current users. The Manager will also have an outreach role to train and introduce the technology and its capabilities to faculty and other researchers at Purdue and elsewhere. Maintain budgets for the recharge center, assist in proposal preparation for Facility equipment and endeavors, assist with preparation of scientific articles, posters, and seminars, and coordinate schedule of equipment maintenance, repair and upgrades and contribute to the long-term vision of program growth.
- Master's degree in science or engineering related field.
- Three years' of Post Doc or professional experience in flow cytometry and cell sorting.
- Technical experience with flow cytometry data analysis (Winlist or Flo Jo softward preferred) on modern instruments.
- Consideration will be given to an equivalent combination of related education and required work experience.
- Strong basic knowledge of and hands-on experience in cell biology and immunology.
- Working knowledge of current life sciences research approaches.
- Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Exceptionally motivated self-starter with the ability to exercise sound judgment in prioritizing tasks.
- Successful candidate will have the ability to contribute to the long-term vision of the Cytometry facility and to grow the research base.
- Ph.D.in science or engineering related field.
- Experience with cell biology and cell culture of eukaryotic cells.
- Experience working within a recharge system.
- Research project management experience.
- Facilities management experience.
- Knowledge of University business procedures and policies.
- Fiscal planning and budgeting knowledge.
- Ability to work with multiple research groups to enable projects in a broad spectrum of life sciences.
For consideration submit resume and apply online at: www.purdue.edu/careers and reference Job Number 1300284.