Job Seekers, Sign In
Assistant Director of Marketing « Position Deleted on 4/15/2013 »
|Institution:||North Central College|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsUnder the supervision of the Director of Marketing, the Assistant Director of Marketing manages marketing project workflow through the Office of Marketing and Communications (OMC), including print materials, advertising (print, broadcast, social media, and online) and select Web and social media projects in collaboration with the Associate Director of Marketing/Graphic Designer.
- In collaboration with the Associate Director of Marketing/Graphic Designer, implement and maintain a project management system across all areas of marketing and communications-print, web, broadcast, social media-to track deliverables, project information, vendors, and pricing through production. Work with representatives in various offices to establish project timelines and manage projects from initiation to closure. Manage an extensive project list and ensure that materials are delivered according to scope and timeline.
- Meet with office and department representatives regarding marketing needs including content, materials selection, output recommendations, timelines, and media requirements, and assess postal requirements for direct mail pieces. Coordinate production of materials with the supervisor to resolve technical problems and ensure that deadlines are met.
- In collaboration with the supervisor and other team members, solicit quotes for all print projects. With the guidance of the Associate Director of Marketing/Graphic Designer develop print specifications and maintain quality control. Maintain effective relationships with marketing vendors on behalf of the College.
- Coordinate mailing lists for various print publications. Work with postal vendors to generate postage invoices and payment prior to mailing.
- Generate copy consistent with the College's writing style and branding, including print, web, advertisements and promotional materials. Support overall marketing and communications efforts with writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Work closely with the supervisor and team to monitor and maintain the College's graphic identity in all materials.
- Manage the production and placement of advertising (print, broadcast, social media and online) and maintain the weekly, monthly and yearly advertising calendar.
- Work closely with OMC leadership to identify opportunities to coordinate print publications with web, social media and public relations.
- Work collaboratively with the members of the Office of Marketing and Communications to develop a 12-month production calendar for the College's marketing needs and create a workflow process for managing and prioritizing North Central's marketing and communication projects.
- In collaboration with OMC leadership, implement the use of metrics and provide data for assessing the College's marketing and communication plans.
- Work with other offices on campus to systematize measuring the effectiveness of direct mail, online ads, print, broadcast, newspaper and television ads and social media campaigns. Establish metrics and generate reports.
- Collaborate with other departments to solicit data. Provide recommendations on mailing lists, marketing campaigns and advertising.
- Work collaboratively to propose marketing strategies through the collection of audience demographics, competition, pricing and marketing outlets that affect demand.
- Work closely with team members to conceptualize, implement and measure social media campaigns.
- Occasionally transport marketing materials to various buildings on campus.
- Other job related duties as assigned.
- A baccalaureate degree in marketing, communications, journalism-related or similar field is required.
- A minimum of three to five years experience in a customer focused, marketing position is preferred, however candidates with internship or graduate assistantship experience that is commensurate will be considered.
- A valid Illinois driver's license is required.
© Copyright 2015 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.