Job Seekers, Sign In
Online Instructor, Java Associate « Position Deleted on 4/23/2013 »
|Institution:||Denver Learning Institute|
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsOnline Instructor, Java Associate
The Denver Learning Institute is looking for instructors to teach "Java Associate." This course is designed to assist students in preparing to sit for the Oracle Java Certification - Associate level.
Reporting to the Dean, the Online Instructor position is a part-time employment opportunity. This person is a highly qualified Java professional, enjoys teaching adults, and holds appropriate educational credentials. The Online Instructor creates, with daily focus and determination, an exceptional learning experience for students. DLI's Online Instructors are caring and recognize that students and their learning are central to everything the Institute does.
The Denver Learning Institute's recruitment of Online Instructors is regulated by the Colorado Department of Higher Education Division of Private Occupational Schools. The Online Instructor must meet the expectations for education credentials and professional occupational experience.
Essential Job Duties:
- The Online Instructor provides nurturing support for student learning.
- The Online Instructor provides teaching and learning integrity.
- The Online Instructor organizes classes according to Institute guidelines.
- The Online Instructor participates in meetings to provide input on the continuous improvement of curriculum, instruction, and assessment of student learning.
- The Online Instructor participates in professional development and completes an annual Professional Growth and Development Plan.
DLI Online Instructors are expected to know how to use teaching and learning technology and should be able to:
- Access course and program resources on the Web.
- Correspond with students, staff, and administrators by using email and the Web.
- Use appropriate antivirus utilities to ensure that files transmitted and received are virus free.
- Commitment to Mission: Aligns with the Core Values of Integrity, Ethics, and Service through behaviors that demonstrate a positive commitment to the customer and the organization.
- Communication: Aligns with the Core Values of Service through oral and written communication skills and internal/external relationships.
- Service: Encompasses the company's core values of service; including service to the organization, customer community.
- Personal Planning: Aligns with personal accountability and responsibility.
- Leading Change: This competency serves as the foundation of the Leadership competency model as it aligns the behaviors and characteristic of the individuals with the organization's mission and core values. Inherent in this competency is the individual's ability to balance change and continuity; to continually strive to improve organizational framework; to create a work environment that encourages innovation; and to maintain focus, intensity and persistence, even under adversity.
- Leading People: This competency involves the ability to maximize human capital by fostering an environment that encompasses the organization's culture and execute the mission, goals and core values.
- Business Acumen: This competency involves the ability to understand and administer business information cross departmentally in a manner that inspires confidence, instills trust and accomplishes the organization's goals.
- Building Communication: This leadership competency encompasses written and verbal communications of facts and ideas as well as developing a professional network inside and outside the organization.
- Driving Results: This competency stresses accountability and continuous improvement through decision making, execution and producing results.
- Education Credentials: The Online Instructor has education credentials in content taught, including special training that applies to the occupational area.
- Professional Occupational Experience: The Online Instructor has relevant professional experience in content taught, including 10,000 hours of occupational experience within the prior ten years and at least 1,000 hours within the prior five years.
- Nurturing Commitment to Student Development: The Online Instructor is 100% committed to students' educational and professional success.
- College-level teaching experience in related field
- College degree in related field
- Online teaching experience
- Must hold certificate in occupational area.
© Copyright 2015 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.