Computer Science (CSIIT) Full-time Faculty #F02373
Position Deleted on 3/27/2013. This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobs.
Faculty - Science - Computer Science
This is an opportunity to empower students to change their lives and enrich our community.
Montgomery College has endless possibilities!
Montgomery College is a dynamic, diverse institution, with students from over 170 countries, located in a diverse county of nearly one million residents. Montgomery College is committed to equal opportunity.
Montgomery College (Maryland), Rockville Campus, is seeking a Computer Science and Information & Interactive Technologies (CSIIT) faculty member to fill a position beginning fall semester 2013. This position will be expected to teach computer science, web and mobile technologies related courses. We are seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated educator who exhibits a high degree of professionalism, a strong commitment to our students, and one who demonstrates the ability to motivate and educate in an engaging manner.
Assignment begins August, 2013. Online applications must be received by Tuesday, March 26, 2013
Starting salary range is $46,521 to $67,971 per academic year (FY13).
This position is part of a collective bargaining unit and requires payment of dues or a service fee.
Computer Science (CSIIT) Full-time Faculty - Position 2373 Rockville campus
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach 30 semester hours per academic year of computer science courses and courses related to web and mobile technologies. Other courses may be assigned for a complete teaching schedule.
- Teach a varied schedule of courses that may include day, night, early morning, weekend and/or accelerated sections, or possibly be asked to teach on another campus if needed. Opportunities may exist for teaching summer classes.
- Serve on, or lead, department, discipline, campus and college committees, and advise students.
- Maintain an active program of professional development and participate in professional organizations and activities.
- Master's degree or higher in Computer Science or relevant field from an accredited university
- 18 credits of graduate coursework in Computer Science.
- Experience teaching computer science or courses related to web and mobile technologies
- Knowledge of Android, iOS or Windows Mobile development
- Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship.
Must be received by March 26, 2013
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must send, by fax or email, unofficial undergraduate and graduate transcripts directly to:
Terri Maradei at:
- College level teaching experience
- Proficiency in the following: C , C#, HTML5, CSS3, SQL Server, JSP, PHP, MySQL, JQuery, CMS system, e.g., Drupal, Expression Engine or Word Press, Microsoft .NET, 508 accessibility
- College level teaching experience
- Ability to integrate technology into course delivery.
- Evidence of ongoing professional development
- Experience working with students of culturally diverse backgrounds
- Experience supporting underprepared students.
- Understanding of and commitment to the community college mission.
- Online applications must be received by Tuesday, March 26, 2013
- The application process includes 10 steps.
- Step 10 is a Summary of your information. You can update and edit information up to the closing date for the receipt of applications for a specific job announcement.
- For consideration, you must:
2. complete a set of pre-screening questions (Step 4);
3. e-sign your application (Step 9);
4. email or fax unofficial undergraduate and graduate transcripts as noted above under Additional Requirements.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
- Completion of a background check.
- Participation in a retirement plan
- Submission of an official transcript of relevant degree
- Submission of three letters of professional reference
For disability related accommodations please call 240-567-5353 or send an email to: email@example.com least two weeks in advance.
Montgomery College is an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering a diverse academic community among its student body, faculty, and staff.
© Copyright 2015 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.