Job Seekers, Sign In
Postdoctoral Research Fellow « Position Deleted on 4/06/2013 »
|Institution:||Utah State University|
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
|Salary:||Salary commensurate with experience, plus excellent benefits USD Per Year|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsPOSITION SUMMARY:
The Department of Environment and Society seeks a postdoctoral research associate with expertise in Latin American human-environment geography to participate in an NFS-funded research project entitled "CAREER: Gendered Transnational Labor Migration, Agriculture, and Environmental Change in Mesoamerica."
The position is full-time, with current funding in hand for one year. Dependent on continued grant funding from the NSF, the position will be extended for a second year. The ideal candidate will be available for and interested in a tentative two-year commitment.
Primary responsibility includes extensive fieldwork in Mexico, Nicaragua, and/or Guatemala (including quantitative and qualitative data collection), data analysis, and preparing, reviewing, and revising manuscripts, with smaller contributions of effort to other project activities.
The postdoctoral research associate will be considered an equal member of the senior project team, will co-author research articles and presentations, and will be encouraged to develop and pursue his/her own related research interests as much as possible within the bounds of the project.
- Completion of a PhD in geography or another related social science field before the starting date of the position
- Spanish language abilities
- Experience working in the field in a Latin American country
- Excellent writing and verbal skills
- Interest in working within an interdisciplinary environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of migration and/or land change processes in Latin America
Along with the online application, please attach:
1. A current curriculum vita
2. A list of the names and contact information for three references
3. A cover letter indicating your interest in the position
It is recommended that all the required documents are ready to attach before you click on the 'apply for' link.
Applicants must apply using the online system, but for additional information about the position, contact: Dr. Claudia Radel, Chair, Postdoctoral Research Associate position, firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information on the Department of ENVS, interested parties can refer to the departmental website at http://www.qcnr.usu.edu/envs.
© Copyright 2015 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.