Job Seekers, Sign In
Manager « Position Deleted on 3/24/2013 »
|Institution:||College of Southern Nevada|
|Location:||Las Vegas, NV|
|Salary:||$73,196 to $85,000 USD Per Year|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsJob Description: Working in the Financial Accounting Office, this position is required to work overtime and on weekends during peak financial reporting cycles.
Under the direction of the Director of Financial Accounting, this position's responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide direct supervision to assigned classified employees, including recruitment, training, supervision, coaching, and performance management. This position will ensure compliance with applicable guidelines and regulations.
- Oversee the bank reconciliation function. Manage work flow, analyze data, review work, and resolve reconciling items. Work closely with Cashier's Office, bank, and credit card companies to resolve identified issues. Ensure compliance with Board of Regents' policies and procedures.
- Prepare assigned year-end financial statements and related audit schedules.
- Assist the director in reviewing internal control procedures and business process flow charts. Develop and update desk manuals to document procedures on major tasks.
- Review and reconcile assigned revenue and/or expenses prior to year-end closing.
- Undertake special tasks as assigned.
- Successful candidates must have an earned bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or closely related field.
- A minimum of five years of professional experience in general ledger, financial statements, and account reconciliation, including one year of direct supervisory experience relating to supervision of accounting staff, is required.
- Successful candidates must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Communicate effectively, both written and orally
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, with advanced skills in Excel.
- Must be accurate and detailed oriented.
- Must be able to reconcile, analyze, and research data.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
SPECIAL NOTE: Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications. The search committee will use this information during the initial review of application materials.
- Knowledge and skills related to State of Nevada practices for supervisors.
- Supervisory experience above the minimum requirement.
- One or more years of working experience with higher education fund accounting.
- One or more years of working experience with Advantage Financial System.
- Working experience with People Soft Campus Solution System.
- Working experience with query writing and reporting tool.
Equal Employment Opportunity: College of Southern Nevada recognizes that embracing diversity maximizes faculty and staff contribution to our goals and provides the best opportunity for student achievement. CSN is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. CSN is responsive to serving the educational needs of a diverse and ever-changing community. CSN employs only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the U.S. AA/EOE/ADAAA.
© Copyright 2015 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.