Management Consultant - Business Intelligence
- Admin - Computing - Management/Director
- Admin - Computing - Database Administration
- Admin - Business and Financial Services
Ellucian, the new company formed by the combination of Datatel and SunGard Higher Education, helps education institutions thrive in a dynamic world. We deliver a broad portfolio of technology solutions, developed in collaboration with a global education community, and provide strategic guidance to help education institutions of all kinds navigate change, achieve greater transparency, and drive efficiencies. More than 2,400 institutions in 40 countries around the world look to Ellucian for the ideas and insights that will move education forward, helping people everywhere discover their futures through learning. Visit us at ellucian.com.
Is there really a formula for happiness? We think so: Happiness = Ellucian
Creating solutions for Higher Education is our business and we do it well. The key reason why our company is successful is our employees. We learned a long time ago that happy employees are the most productive. Simply put, we are passionate about our employees and their success.
So, what makes you happy? Do you pride yourself in being a subject matter expert? Do you want to be part of a team that cares about you? Our expectations are high, and we work hard - and we have a lot of fun in the process. It doesn't hurt that we have amazing benefits too! We offer 3 weeks of vacation, and medical benefits that start on your first day - and that's just the beginning. Come join us as a Management Consultant - Business Intelligence.
***This is a Remote position with an ability to travel upto 75%.***
You will add value by:
- Leading the development, delivery, and sales of management consulting services in the area of business intelligence to colleges and universities. Engaging with client personnel at the executive and senior management levels across all areas of the client organization.
- Supporting our customers in aligning people, process and/or technology to a school's unique strategic direction in the area of business intelligence - performance management, key performance indicator development and data governance. This may include delivering weeklong workshops, providing three to four months of hands on consulting or ongoing advisory work with multiple institutions.
- Supporting sales and services by providing thought leadership both internally and to the customer community through participation in publications, blogs as well as national and regional conferences.
What we need from you:
- At least 15 years' experience in leading strategic BI solution delivery, including discovery of executive to departmental data needs and leading/managing the delivery of a solution to meet such needs
- Strong understanding of how the application of business intelligence can meet the strategic needs of an institution
- Familiarity with current industry trends and issues in higher education and business intelligence.
- Ability to design BI solutions and plans to implement the solution, including considerations for strategy, people (i.e. culture and organization), process and technology.
- Proven ability to collaborate with complex clients to discover cultural, technical, and functional conditions, assess the unique needs of the institution, and design solution sets.
- Ability to lead virtual teams (both at the client level and within Ellucian), to facilitate the creation of a solution while overseeing the execution of the project.
- Extensive experience in consulting, including discovery, solutions definition, strategy, executive presentations, facilitation, documentation, implementation, business process modeling, change management, re-engineering, complex problem solving, technology, analysis and evaluation.
- Positive, team-oriented individual with the ability and desire to innovate, create, and develop solutions that have the capability of transforming the effectiveness of higher education.
- Superior interpersonal and communications skills with an emphasis on relationship building, facilitating, public speaking and presentations.
- Understanding of key performance indicators and scorecard techniques used to align the vision and mission of an organization with operational initiatives.
- Can collaborate with C-level members of an institution and perform such tasks as
- defining KPIs for President/Provost/etc
- translate strategic plans into tactics
- architect BI solutions from a business and technical perspective
- analyze data/reports to make strategic recommendations
- provide data governance recommendations and best practices
- "revitalizing" BI on campus from a strategic and tactical program planning perspective
- Solid project planning experience and understanding, project management expertise.
- An advanced degree in one of the following areas is preferred: higher education, organizational development, information technology, communications, business administration, business management, business strategy.
- 10+ years of experience in higher education.
- Experience with Ellucian solutions (e.g., Banner, Workflow, Imaging, Luminis, LDIS, Power Campus, etc.)
- As a global company, second language fluency is an advantage.