Annual Giving Officer (1)
The Annual Giving Officer (1) will report to the Director of Central Development. This position will create and nurture mutually-beneficial relationships between DePaul and a select group of annual donors and prospects.
The Annual Giving Officer (1) will identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit and steward annual donors for gifts. This position will work as a team member in building visibility and support while enlarging the portfolio of donors to DePaul University.
Additionally, the Annual Giving Officer (1) will:
- Maintain a fund-raising portfolio.
- Plan and implement individual strategies for identifying, soliciting and upgrading prospects to gifts.
- Solicit gifts personally.
- Partner with Corporate Relations and President's Club initiatives to solicit gifts.
- Participate in corporate giving campaign events and Presidents Club events, as required.
- Make solicitation calls as needed to ensure fund-raising goals are achieved, at the direction of the Director of Central Development.
- Identify, screen and qualify prospects.
- Update each prospect record, as necessary, with information from each contact.
- Provide status reports, as required, to the Director of Central Development.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 1 to 3 years fund-raising or fund-raising support experience.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Experience with databases, data structure and word processing and spreadsheet software.
- Ability to do in-depth research and follow-up.
- Ability to work occasional overnight and out of state travel, including donor visits, alumni events, and professional conferences.
- DePaul offers comprehensive and competitive pay and benefits to attract and retain talent to further the University's mission. Please click on the following link to review the full Benefits Summary: https://hr.depaul.edu/Benefits/index.html
Required Background Screening:
- All final candidates extended an offer of employment will undergo background screening.
Upon accepting an offer of employment with the university, you will also be required to sign an Acknowledgement of Mandated Reporter Status at the time of hire. A mandated reporter is required to make a report to the Illinois DCFS Hotline whenever there is reasonable cause to believe that a child known to them in their professional or official capacity may be abused or neglected.
For more information about the Illinois Abused and Neglected Child Reporting Act, please visit: http://www.state.il.us/dcfs/policy/pr_policy_laws.shtml
DePaul University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE