Job Seekers, Sign In
Lead Consultant - High School Program Strategist « Position Deleted on 6/13/2013 »
|Location:||River Grove, IL|
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
|Notes:||included on Affirmative Action email|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsIntroduction:
Triton College is a two-year institution of higher education. Located in River Grove, Illinois, just 14 miles from downtown Chicago, the school offers a dynamic environment, rich in academic and cultural resources, career-oriented learning opportunities and a culturally diverse community. The district encompasses approximately 63 square miles, and the college serves approximately 331,000 people residing in 25 demographically and culturally diverse towns and villages.
Triton College is an Achieving the Dream institution with a strong focus on student success. Our programs are some of the most innovative in the nation, emphasizing community involvement and personal attention while maintaining high academic standards. Over 15,000 students enroll at Triton each semester.
Job Summary/Basic Function:
Reporting to the Vice President of Academic and Student Affairs, the Lead Consultant - High School Program Strategist is responsible for the overall planning and development of a pilot high school program within the community college environment. Ultimately, this position is also responsible for designing and executing plans for the overall implementation of the high school program.
· Master's degree in education or appropriately related field.
· A minimum of five years related experience in secondary education and a background in high school leadership and or high school start up process.
· Demonstrated planning experience in high school/charter school or similar concept is essential.
· Knowledge of local, State, and Federal secondary education regulations and curriculum development.
· The Lead Consultant will be the primary individual for the implementation of a new initiative at Triton College which is to create a high school program within the community college environment for a cohort of at risk high school students.
· This position is responsible for conducting analysis, feasibility, and implementation plans. This would also include but not limited to pursuing legal status of starting a high school, licensure/accreditation, regulatory issues, compliance with civil laws, students and staff requirements, compliance with State and Federal Regulations, curriculum development alignment to standards, student assessment, school governance models, financial and operational responsibilities, liability issues, student and employee selection practices, etc.
· Be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously; perform tasks with accuracy; possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
· A working knowledge of the State of Illinois educational systems and regulations is preferred.
Competitive consultant compensation, commensurate with experience and skills. No benefits are offered.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume online.
Triton College is committed to to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and a work environment which fosters respect for each individual and for the rights of others.
© Copyright 2015 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.