Director of Academic Research
Location: Phoenix, AZ Main Campus
Founded in 1949, Grand Canyon University is one of Arizona's leading higher learning institutions. Based in Phoenix, the regionally accredited, private, interdenominational Christian university offers online and campus-based bachelors, masters and doctoral degree programs through the College of Doctoral Studies, Ken Blanchard College of Business, College of Education, College of Nursing and Health Care Professions, College of Theology, College of Arts and Sciences and College of Fine Arts and Production.
Grand Canyon University is seeking a Director of Academic Research to promote institutional effectiveness through conducting internal research and supporting university research initiatives.
- Responsible for conducting institutional research on effective teaching, learning and other best practices to guide policies, procedures and institutional decision making.
- Actively fosters a community of research through leadership in scholarly publications and presentations. (internal and external)
- In consultation with others, designs quantitative and qualitative research studies.
- Supports university-wide research projects that further the University Research Agenda.
- Facilitates the IRB process supporting research through Grand Canyon University.
- Mentors and coordinates research projects for faculty and learners across academic disciplines.
- Doctoral degree (Ph.D.) or equivalent.
- More than 3-5 years research and analysis experience. Higher education experience preferred.
- Deep knowledge of quantitative research methods with expertise in higher education (preferred), educational theory, SoTL, assessment and/or post-secondary measures. Experience conducting analyses which inform policy and business decisions.
- Documented scholarly experience as evidenced through a substantial peer-review publication record, current scholarly activity, conference presentations and engagement in the larger scholarly community.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to document and articulate findings, produce reports and write business correspondence and procedural manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Knowledge of internet software, spreadsheet software, word processing software and ability to use standard statistical software (SPSS).
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
GCU's exceptional workplace benefits include medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401K savings plan, Education Tuition Program of up to 100% of tuition costs and a generous holiday and paid time off package. For more information on our benefit programs, please click here.
Grand Canyon University provides a quality education from the context of our Christian heritage for both traditional students as well as working professionals. As a Christian university, it is our desire to help our students, both online and those living on campus, in their academic and spiritual journeys. To help our students find their purpose and achieve their full potential, we integrate our Christian worldview into everything we do. Our theological Doctrinal Statement embraces the pillars of belief that serve as a foundation for all of Christianity.