Senior Research Associate « Position Deleted on 4/09/2013 »
|Institution:||George Washington University|
|Work Location Detail||2121 K Street|
|Assigned Organizational Area:||Research|
|Campus Location:||Foggy Bottom|
|Division/Vice President:||Provost and Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs (AA)|
|College/School/Department:||School of Public Health and Health Services (SPHHS)|
|Internal Applicants Only?||No|
|Posting Number:||Staff - 002227|
|Total Hours Per Week:||40|
|Recruitment Salary Range:||Commensurate with experience|
|Job Open Date:||04/01/2013|
|Open Until Filled:||Yes|
JOB VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT INFORMATION
Required Licenses/Certifications and other Specific Requirements:
Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, Sex Offender Registry Search, and Prior Employment Verification
Founded in 1821, GW is the largest institution of higher education in the District of Columbia, to include ten academic units, with a full-time equivalent enrollment of a little over 20,000 students and approximately 11,000 full-time and part-time employees (faculty and staff). The George Washington University is a community dedicated to learning, communication,respect, service and teamwork. As one of the largest private employers in the District of Columbia, the university seeks employees who support the teaching, research, and public service mission of the university.
Job Description Summary:
Senior Research Associate for the PEPFAR/NIH/HRSA Medical Education Partnership Initiative.
Masters Degree in Public Health or a related field
3-5 Years of direct experience in Health Policy or Public Health
Proficient in Stata
High Proficiency in Microsoft office
Proficient in electronic research tools and databases
Experience with quantitative study design and data analysis
Excellent organizational, administrative, written and verbal communication skills
Detail oriented, able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
Willingness to spend a cumulative total of 1-2 months in Africa per year
Experience with qualitative study design and data analysis.
Experience with NVivo
Experience with Adobe LiveCycle Designer
Overseas work or experience
Experience with health systems or health workforce issues in low-resource income countries for one
year a plus
- Coordinates annual survey design and data collection using Adobe LiveCycle Designer and Stata
- Assists with all administrative coordination of monitoring and evaluation aspects of the MEPI project
- Works with other MEPI team members in developing and updating spreadsheets, updating website, and writing interim and final reports for the MEPI project
- Works with other MEPI team members and research staff to support qualitative data analysis
- Assists with developing technical assistance strategies for monitoring and evaluation.
- Spend a cumulative total of 1-2 months in Africa per year
- Works with other MEPI team members and research staff to support site visits as needed
- Supports the MEPI Monitoring & Evaluation Technical Working Group as needed
- Supports technical capacity building of partners in Kampala, Uganda, as needed
- Manages student research staff as needed
- Assists with annual symposium preparation tasks as needed
- Assists the monitoring and evaluation lead with relevant research tasks as needed
- Conducts literature reviews for selected topics
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Masters in Public Policy, Health Policy, or equivalent degree?
- * Do you have 3-5 Years of direct experience in Health Policy or Public Health?
- * Do you have data analytic and statistical skills, and excellent familiarity with Stata and / or SAS?
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae