Research Assistant II Non-Lab « Position Deleted on 5/25/2013 »
Auto req ID: 29154BR
School/Unit: Harvard School of Public Health
Department: Health Policy and Management
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Research Assistant (RA) will assist the Principal Investigator with multidisciplinary health care management and policy research projects related to teamwork in inpatient and outpatient settings and care integration across settings. The ideal candidate must have great organizational and project coordination skills, as well as excellent research capabilities, including the ability to conduct literature reviews and perform basic data collection and analysis (both qualitative and quantitative). The RA will work closely with the PI to provide strategic leadership and ensure that the research team makes consistent progress towards all deliverables. The RA will be responsible for drafting preliminary reports in conjunction with the PI and will be expected to assist with scientific presentations, drafting manuscripts and new research proposals. Additionally, the RA will be expected to provide administrative research support (coordinating and attending research meetings, preparing project reports, reviewing and revising key project documents (e.g., survey instruments, abstraction tools, memos, etc.), ensuring compliance with HSPH Human Subjects Committee standards, and prioritizing general day-to-day research tasks). Please note: This a a grant-funded term appointment through 7/31/2014.
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in a health or social science discipline.
- Two or more years related work experience (relevant course work may count towards experience). Demonstrated knowledge of research populations and/or techniques is required.
- Knowledge of standard research methods and statistical techniques required.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic quantitative analytic skills, and a strong command of Microsoft Office software are required.
- Excellent judgment and the ability to interpret and follow study's requirements, excellent interpersonal skills required for working with project leadership, health care organization administrators, clinicians, and staff in a professional and respectful manner, and strong verbal and writing skills are also required.
- Also desirable are the following: training and/or experience in project management, telephone interviewing, basic familiarity with statistical software such as Stata/SAS/SPSS, training and/or experience in statistical analysis, and proficiency with PubMed and Lexis-Nexis. Facility with Survey Monkey, Endnote, and Atlas is also highly preferred.
Harvard offers an outstanding benefits package including:
Time Off: 3 - 4 weeks paid vacation, paid holiday break, 12 paid sick days, 11.5 paid holidays, and 3 paid personal days per year.
Medical/Dental/Vision: We offer a variety of excellent medical plans, dental & vision plans, all coverage begins as of your start date.
Retirement: University-funded retirement plan with full vesting after 3 years of service.
Tuition Assistance Program: Competitive tuition assistance program, $40 per class at the Harvard Extension School and discounted options through participating Harvard grad schools.
Transportation: Harvard offers a 50% discounted MBTA pass as well as additional options to assist employees in their daily commute.
Wellness options: Harvard offers programs and classes at little or no cost, including stress management, massages, nutrition, meditation and complimentary health services.
Harvard access to athletic facilities, libraries, campus events and many discounts throughout metro Boston.
Join HSPH to support our mission of health research & education and be a part of the oldest institution of higher learning in the country!