Field & Laboratory Engineer Technician - Civil Engineering
- Admin - Laboratory and Research
- Faculty - Engineering - Civil and Environmental
Perform research duties to support expansion and improvement of infrastructure monitoring and assessment efforts. Assist in coordination, planning, and conducting related testing and analysis, and produce technical-report deliverables. Assist in marketing and promotion of infrastructure monitoring program; develop and conduct conference exhibits and/or presentations; participate in research and development of infrastructure monitoring systems; carry out assignments in support of laboratory testing programs; and work with faculty, students, and other research personnel as appropriate.
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering.
- One year of experience in field instrumentation of bridge and related structures.
- Experience in the laboratory testing of large structures.
- Experience working with various sensors such as strain gauges, accelerometers, anemometers, etc.
- Capable of using equipment such as thermal cutting tools, welders, impact wrenches, overhead cranes, etc.
- Ability to design, draft and install instrumentation and wire plans.
- Ability to work outdoors in harsh or demanding environments such as temperatures above 90° F or below 32°F.
- Ability to work at heights over 100 feet.
- Valid Indiana Driver's License and ability to travel.
- ALL applicants must apply via Purdue's online recruitment system. No other applications will be accepted.
- Will be required to travel overnight monthly.
- A background check will be required for employment in this position.
- FLSA: Non-Exempt (Eligible For Overtime).
- Retirement Eligibility: Defined Contributions Immediately.
- Purdue University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer.