Senior Research Associate
- Admin - Laboratory and Research
- Admin - Institutional Research and Planning
Institute for Veterans and Military Families
Commensurate w/ experience and education
FLSA Status: Exempt
Standard University hours with associated evening and weekend hours as required by IVMF activities.
Unionized Position Code:
This position serves as a senior research associate for the IVMF. The position will propose and conduct research and respond to requests for research from the IVMF and with outside collaborators.
The position will support the broad mission of the IVMF, including research related to program development and implementation, policy analysis and advocacy, collaborative work with other organizations, and supporting veterans and their families.
Through research and policy analysis and
recommendation, this position will be working with and advocating for veterans and families.
- Ph.D. in Psychology, Social Science, Public Policy, Economics, Public Administration or related discipline.
- A minimum of 3 years overall experience conducting research with at least 1 year of experience conducting quantitative and/or qualitative survey research, or interpreting survey research results for publication.
- Excellent research skills required including experience with literature reviews, peer-reviewed publications, survey creation/data collection, analysis and reporting.
- Posess a record of publications, contributions to publications, and/or research experience as typically acquired during post-doctoral research experiences.
- Proficiency with statistical and survey software packages (e.g., SPSS, SAS, Qualtrics) required.
- Strong written, conceptual thinking and oral communication skills required, including excellent writing, grammar, editing skills, presentations, training, advocacy, and negotiations.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with all levels of staff, and diverse stakeholders. Must be able to supervise graduate and undergraduate students, understanding and assessing their ability to contribute to specific projects and exercising leadership with students which contributes both to their employment and their education.
- Highly organized and able to work with a minimum of direction.
- Ability to see a project through from start to finish within tight timelines.
- Ability to prioritize, plan, solve problems and carry out responsibilities independently.
- Effective time management, organization, and planning skills, with exceptional ability to multi-task and juggle numerous priorities, while maintaining high degree of collegiality with team members.
- Ability to design, articulate, and carry out research activities in various contexts and media.
- Requires analytical and problem solving skills relying on sound judgment and experience.
- Strong attention to detail in working with databases, tables/figures, and statistical reports.
- Ability to relate business experience and expertise to research needs and program evaluation and improvement.
- Strong and proven proficiency in Word, Excel, Power Point and Access required, as well as quantitative and qualitative software. Must be able to create and present results in many formats to varied audiences, including academic audiences, lay audiences, funders and sponsors, and others as needed
COVER LETTER, RESUME AND LIST OF THREE PROFESSIONAL REFERENCES MUST BE
- Will conduct research which includes policy research, quantitative and qualitative research, survey development, data collection, data analysis, and reporting data results. This position will prepare/edit/contribute to research papers, proposal development, and reports internal to IVMF and for public stakeholders. This position will collaborate with business and industry, higher education, and other stakeholders to identify and address knowledge gaps, and propose transformative research.
- Will conduct social science research, using available databases, publications, whitepapers, and other source material, published and unpublished, assessing its utility and credibility for inclusion.
- Will transform statistical and quantitative data into actionable recommendations and communicate these to management, to external stakeholders, and to collaborative partners.
- Will be required to complete various research assignments, assist in the development of research, interim and final publications, research summaries, and other special projects.
- Reports directly to the Director of Research with additional direction from the Managing Director and the Executive Director, ensuring that projects are completed on time.
- Will work with daily, weekly, and monthly deadlines, and the position will perform special projects as directed.
Job Posting Date:
Open Until Filled: