Associate Director, Program Development, SBL « Position Deleted on 6/04/2013 »
|Institution:||Indiana Wesleyan University|
The Associate Program Director is responsible for the development and continuous improvement of assigned programs and courses in the School of Business & Leadership (SBL). In conjunction with faculty and academic leaders, the Associate Director facilitates the design and maintenance of curriculum; contributes to the creation of structures and processes that increase program effectiveness, monitors and reports on program performance, and administers the systematic review of assigned programs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serves as the primary point of contact, problem solver, and source of information on curriculum issues within assigned programs
- Ensures the integrity of curricular offerings through effective instructional design; compliance with professional standards and intellectual property laws; regular monitoring of materials and the online course platform; and early intervention to resolve concerns as they arise
- Works closely with faculty, subject matter experts, instructional designers, technical staff, and academic approval bodies to create and revise curriculum for assigned programs and courses
- Administers curricular development through the supervision of curriculum authors, tracking of curriculum development contracts, editing of course materials, and the revision of courses or course components according to emerging needs
- Facilitates annual and five-year reviews of assigned programs
- Maintains a curriculum status report with a detailed history of curriculum development and pending revisions within assigned programs
- Synthesizes feedback about curriculum from a variety of constituents including, faculty, students, employers and focus groups
- Plans and administers program budgets to achieve revenue goals and control expenses
- Assists in the development and implementation of faculty development activities
- Serves on university, college and school committees, councils, focus groups, and task forces as appointed
- Performs other responsibilities as may be assigned
Education: Master's degree in a field relevant to business, leadership, teaching or adult education. Terminal degree in similar field preferred.
Experience, Knowledge, and Dispositions:
- A vibrant Christian commitment and willingness to adhere to the standards outlined in the IWU community lifestyle statement
- A servant leader's heart in tune with IWU's mission statement
- Well-honed problem solving skills and experience in implementing large scale systems
- Exposure to a wide range of delivery modalities for teaching and learning
- Experience in serving adult learners
- Familiarity with instructional design concepts
- Effective written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills and a strong interest in building cooperative relationships
Physical Demands: Reaching, fingering, grasping, talking and repetitive motions.
Visual Demands: Very heavy visual acuity.
Environment: Office environment, however, some travel is required.
According to Indiana Wesleyan University employment policy all employees must possess a strong Christian commitment and adhere to the standards outlined in the IWU Community Lifestyle Statement.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. In addition, nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.