Administrative Aide II, S03158
Position Deleted on 5/06/2013. This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobs.
Admin - Secretary and Administrative Assistants
This is an opportunity to empower students to change their lives and enrich our community.
Montgomery College has endless possibilities!
Job Title: Administrative Aide II
Position #: S03158
Location: Rockville Campus
Salary $18.72 - $25.27 per hour
Online applications must be received by May 03, 2013.
Job Vacancy Description: Montgomery College, Rockville Campus, Department of Health Enhancement, Exercise Science and Physical Education has need for a full-time Administrative Aide II #S03158. Normal work schedule is Monday Friday, 8:00 am 4:30 p.m.
Job Summary: The position acts as the office manager, as well as providing administrative, secretarial and customer service support for 9 full-time faculty and 31 part-time faculty and the Chair in the Department.
Other duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide administrative support for Department, Faculty and Staff.
- Provide customer service for anyone making program inquiries.
- Produce a variety of word processed documents such as letters, memoranda, and reports.
- Prepare contracts for Part-Time Faculty
- Screen and transfer telephone calls to appropriate staff or other offices
- Maintain accurate files, records, and forms, electronic and paper
- Input and monitor the college s database regarding teaching loads
- Assist with planning and implementing events, meetings
- Handle department and supervisor calendars and schedule and coordinate meetings
- Monitor deadlines and assure that the department meets them
- Order supplies and materials
- Monitor the department budget and funds
- Supervise and train student aides
- Coordinate room availability and make room reservations
- Position requires a High School Diploma or GED.
- Minimum of 3 years of progressively responsible experience performing general office and secretarial duties involving customer service
- Knowledge of office support procedures and practices
- Knowledge of English usage to include spelling, grammar, writing styles and formats
- Computer skills using Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to draft written correspondence
- Ability to interact with public and staff
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Excellent communications skills, including oral and effective business writing
- Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship
- Associate's degree or a higher degree
- Five years or more of progressively responsible experience in an administrative office support position
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing work environment
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously with frequent interruptions
- Ability to problem solve, using critical thinking skills
- Detail oriented with high degree of accuracy
- Ability to navigate a student management system
- Experience working in a higher education setting
- Experience working in a diverse, multicultural setting
- Online applications must be received by May 03, 2013.
- The application process includes 10 steps.
- Step 10 is a Summary of your information. You can update and edit information up to the closing date for the receipt of applications for a specific job announcement.
- nclude dates of employment in your application or attachment;
- Complete a set of pre-screening questions (Step 4);
- e-sign your application (Step 9)
- Completion of a background check.
- Participation in a retirement plan
- Submission of an official transcript of an earned degree; high school diploma or G.E.D.
Montgomery College is a tobacco-free workplace.
For disability related accommodations please call 240-567-5353 or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org at least two weeks in advance.
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.
Montgomery College is an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering a diverse academic community among its student body, faculty, and staff.
© Copyright 2015 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.