Research Associate - Part Time « Position Deleted on 6/02/2013 »
|Institution:||Concordia University Chicago|
|Location:||River Forest, IL|
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
Part-Time Research Associate
This position is responsible for coordinating, collecting, organizing and conducting research and performing statistical analyses of data to enhance institutional effectiveness. The Associate will extract/use large-scale databases as well as small data sets and appropriate statistical techniques to accomplish research objectives. Produce surveys, reports, charts, tables, graphs, and presentations analyzing, synthesizing, interpreting research/outcome assessment findings. Collaborate with faculty, administrators, staff, and college teams to design, execute, analyze, and interpret a variety of outcome measures or trend data and play a vital role in the university's effort to develop outcomes assessment for continuous improvement and for accreditation.
1. Coordinates data collection projects, assessment plans/reports, program review data, provides statistical expertise for assessment and program evaluation.
2. Produces, analyzes and interprets statistical outputs used to aid leaders in evidence based decision making.
3. Conducts graduate and alumni surveys, student satisfaction/climate surveys (BCSSE, NSSE, SSI, and IPS etc.).
4. Proofreads all reports, correspondence, and statistical tables for accuracy and completeness.
5. Submits annual state and federal reports, including Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS); (Institutional Characteristics, Completions, and Enrollment, Employees by Assigned Position, Salaries, Graduation Rates, Finance, and Financial Aid), Illinois Board of Higher Education (IBHE) Program Inventory, and Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE) Title II Teacher Certification Test Data and report Card Information, Illinois Longitudinal Data System (ILDS).
6. Verifies data for accuracy and ensures that valid and reliable data are extrapolated and submitted to internal and external constituents: U.S. News and World Report, America's Best Colleges Survey, Annual Survey of Colleges from College Board, and Peterson's Annual Survey of Undergraduate Institutions as examples.
7. Responds to day-to-day requests for data and information from faculty, staff and students.
8. Works in collaboration with the Director of Institutional Research and Assessment, the Coordinator, Accreditation and Assessment, Accreditation and Assessment Associate and other stakeholders to develop effective strategies and research methods for collecting, organizing, and managing large and complex datasets.
Minimum Education: Master's Degree is required preferably in educational research, statistics, measurement, social/behavioral sciences, or other discipline requiring coursework in quantitative analysis.
Minimum Experience/Training: Typically three or more years experience in institutional research, outcomes assessment, social science research, quantitative and qualitative methods, preferably with a higher education institution, in which working on research projects and data reporting is/was the primary function.
Proficiency in statistical software, i.e. SPSS or SAS, is required. Experience in spreadsheet and relational database technology such as Excel and Microsoft Access as well as experience writing SQL queries is also required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of statistics and research methodology
- Work with limited supervision in research design, implementation, analysis, and dissemination of research related to higher education
- Proficient in the use of statistical analysis software, such as SPSS, or SAS in data analysis
- Experience with both quantitative and qualitative data analysis
- Competency in preparing a survey instrument, database, and codebook
- Ability to conduct data needs assessment and gather specifications
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office packages and experience with database technologies
- Excellent report writing skills
- Must be detail oriented, organized, resourceful and maintain efficient work habits
- Ability to complete projects with rapidly changing priorities
- Ability to interact and effectively communicate research methodology and findings to a diverse constituency
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Understands the ethics involved in doing social research statistics, economics, educational administration, or other research-oriented area.