Job Seekers, Sign In
Institutional Research/Business Intelligence Analyst « Position Deleted on 11/14/2013 »
|Institution:||University of Nevada Las Vegas|
|Location:||Las Vegas, NV|
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsPOSITION TITLE
The University of Nevada, Las Vegas invites applications for an Institutional Research/Business Intelligence Analyst position
PROFILE of the UNIVERSITY
UNLV is a comprehensive research university of approximately 28,000 students and 2,900 staff dedicated to teaching, research, and service. The university has internationally recognized programs in hotel administration and creative writing; professional degrees in law, architecture, and dental medicine; and leading programs in fine arts, sciences and education. UNLV is located on a 332-acre main campus and two satellite campuses in dynamic Southern Nevada. For more information, visit us on-line at: http://www.unlv.edu.
ROLE of the POSITION
Reporting to the Assistant Vice Provost for Decision Support, the IR/BI Analyst conducts independent analysis and research, analyzes trends, and prepares forecasts to inform decisions and assess the effectiveness of strategic initiatives, including student and faculty recruitment and retention. In cooperation with other staff, this person will prepare statistical and analytical reports on faculty, staff, and students, manage and create complex data bases and applications, develop innovative methods for conveying information, and disseminate official results to appropriate audiences. Working closely with the Data Warehouse/Business Intelligence office team, the analyst will provide support for the campus access and use of the enterprise data warehouse. This will include engaging in requirements gathering, defining reporting strategies, and acquiring fluency in adopted business intelligence and analytics technologies to support business needs. The analyst will also contribute to the development and maintenance of the UNLV data dictionary/metadata.
Bachelor's degree in Social Science, Statistics, or related field from a regionally accredited college or university, with three or more years of comparable professional experience, preferably in higher education.
- Demonstrated ability to collect, analyze, and interpret quantitative and qualitative data analyses (research design, statistical methods, visual displays of data, interpretation of results).
- Experience with SPSS, SAS, or other data analysis software.
- Experience with: higher education administrative systems, preferably including PeopleSoft Campus Solutions; relational databases (such as Oracle, SQL Server); and writing/troubleshooting complex SQL statements.
- Experience in managing data and data systems that support reporting and decision-making, including the ability to create and maintain complex databases, manipulate large data sets, extract files, and effectively document business and technical metadata.
- Advanced proficiency with MS Office Suite applications, including Word, Excel and Access.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and successful experience interpreting and explaining detailed information to a variety of constituents.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills and with guidance, ability to function as an independent contributor.
- Master's degree in related field
- Experience using reporting tools and business intelligence software, such as Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE) in an enterprise data warehouse environment.
- Proficiency with a programming language, such as one of the following: C, C++, C#, Java, Visual Basic.
Salary competitive with those at similarly situated institutions. Position is contingent upon funding.
Submit a letter of interest, a detailed resume listing qualifications and experience, and the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of at least three professional references who may be contacted. Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience, with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications because this is the information on which the initial review of materials will be based.
Although this position will remain open until filled, review of candidates's materials will begin on October 30, 2013 and best consideration will be gained for materials submitted prior to that date. Materials should be addressed to Kari Coburn, Search Committee Chair, and are to be submitted via on-line application at https://hrsearch.unlv.edu. For assistance with UNLV's on-line applicant portal, contact UNLV Employment Services at (702) 895-2894 or email@example.com.
UNLV is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity educator and employer committed to excellence through diversity.
© Copyright 2015 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.