Research Specialist in Pediatrics « Position Deleted on 11/12/2013 »
|Institution:||University of Wisconsin - Madison|
Position Vacancy Listing: PVL # 77869
Please Note: A change was made to this position announcement on 10/01/13
Official Title: SR RESEARCH SPEC(T16BN) or RESEARCH SPECIALIST(T16DN) or ASSOC RESEARCH SPEC(T16FN)
Degree and area of specialization:
Bachelor's degree required, in public health, population health/epidemiology, communication, nursing, allied health, social work, psychology, statistics/biostatistics, or related field preferred. Master's degree strongly preferred.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
A minimum 2 years of experience directly supervising research projects and providing project management support, and 2 years of experience with data collection from human subjects (ideally in a health care or social services setting).
Experience preferred in the following areas:
1. Database/dataset creation and management (particularly using Qualtrics, MS Access or Stata)
2. Qualitative and/or quantitative data analysis (e.g., NVIVO, SAS, Stata, or SPSS)
3. Study design and data collection, especially with multi-site projects
4. Stakeholder engagement (especially in research, dissemination, or project implementation)
5. ONCORE familiarity (registering clinical trials)
6. Qualitative interviewing
7. Survey design and administration, including web-based survey tools
Ideal candidates will have experience directly managing and supervising research projects throughout a project lifecycle. Must be able to work effectively with patients, their families, physicians, clinic staff, faculty, and researchers.
1. Must be fluent with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Access). Endnote skills or other reference manager skills are preferred.
2. Experience with statistical and data management programs (Access, Stata, SAS, etc.) is desirable.
The PROKids Research team conducts health services research in clinic and hospital settings. This position will assist pediatric faculty and staff in implementing and supervising such research projects. Primary duties involve recruiting and consenting subjects, administering surveys, conducting interviews, tracking participation, managing, coding, and analyzing data using standard methods, and supervising teams (including stakeholders, other researchers and students) in these endeavors:
1. Coordinate and participate in primary data collection for ongoing and new health services research projects across clinical sites in Madison and Milwaukee.
2. Manage the coding and analysis of data for multiple on-going and new research projects.
3. Authoring human subjects protocols, evaluation and progress reports, grant/funding applications, scholarly articles, and communications.
Candidate must be detail-oriented, self-motivated, a quick learner, collaborate well with team members, and have excellent problem-solving skills.
Must be able to work some weekends and evenings to accommodate research activities and data collection/recruitment. Must be able to travel to clinical sites in the Madison and Milwaukee areas. Must be able to provide own transportation or qualify to use a UW vehicle. To qualify to use a UW vehicle, must have a valid driver's license (driving record will be checked initially and routinely), and meet the UW Risk Management Driving Authorization and Car Fleet requirements and eligibility.
A minimum of 7 years of experience is required for appointment at the senior level. Prefix assignment is determined by years of relevant work experience.
A caregiver background check will be conducted.
A criminal background check will be conducted prior to hiring.
A period of evaluation will be required
Appointment Type: Academic Staff
Full Time Salary Rate: Minimum $29,907 ANNUAL (12 months) Depending on Qualifications
Term: This is a renewable appointment.
Appointment percent: 50% - 100%
Anticipated begin date: NOVEMBER 01, 2013
Number of Positions: 2
To Ensure Consideration:
Application must be received by: OCTOBER 15, 2013
How To Apply:
Unless another application procedure has been specified above, please send resume and cover letter referring to Position Vacancy Listing #77869 to:
H6/563 Clinical Science Center
600 Highland Avenue
Madison, WI 53792
Relay Access (WTRS): 7-1-1 (out-of-state: TTY: 800.947.3529, STS: 800.833.7637) and above Phone number (See RELAY_SERVICE for further information.)