Job Seekers, Sign In
Provost and Senior Vice President of Academic and Student Affairs « Position Deleted on 12/16/2013 »
|Institution:||Coastal Carolina University|
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
|Notes:||included on Affirmative Action email|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsCoastal Carolina University invites applications for the position of Provost and Senior Vice President of Academic and Student Affairs. The position will be filled on or before June 30, 2014.
The university seeks a leader of vision and experience to serve as the chief academic officer of a growing university. Reporting to the President, the Provost is administratively responsible for planning, organizing, budgeting, coordinating, directing, and evaluating the instructional, research, and public service activities of the university. At Coastal Carolina University, the Provost oversees both academic and student affairs, and thus is a highly visible embodiment of the institution's culture of cooperation between academic and non-academic units.
The successful candidate is expected to demonstrate:
- A commitment to academic excellence and the ability to advance Coastal Carolina University's teacher-scholar model
- A commitment to excellence in student affairs as an essential component of a successful university
- A commitment to recruit and retain diverse and qualified students, faculty, and staff
- An awareness of the need to represent the university in a positive light to stakeholders and in the media
- A commitment to cooperative initiatives and interactions with K-12 education, other higher education institutions, and area business and community organizations in keeping with the university's historic ties to the community
- An understanding of best practices in institutional effectiveness in order to meet accountability standards of accrediting organizations as well as state and federal mandates
- A dedication to shared governance, transparency, fairness, and equity
- A commitment to creating a safe and caring environment for students in order to foster student success, civility, responsibility, and healthy behaviors, in and out of the classroom
- Familiarity with the integration of online learning and technology initiatives in a traditional/residential context and a vision for expanding the university's footprint beyond the physical campus
- A commitment to teaching and learning using a range of modalities and to the expansion of research and graduate education opportunities
- A commitment to building bridges between academic and non-academic units, as well as maintaining a visible presence on campus through effective administrative oversight of the five colleges (business; education; humanities and fine arts; sciences; and an interdisciplinary university college), student affairs, registrar, honors program, international programs, graduate programs, institutional research, student athlete academic support, and an ongoing Quality Enhancement Plan centered on experiential learning.
Qualified applicants will possess:
- An earned doctorate from an accredited institution
- A demonstrated record of teaching and scholarly accomplishments
- Credentials and accomplishments that meet the criteria for a tenured full professor
- A progressive history of administrative experience leading to competence commensurate with the duties of a chief academic officer.
Applicants should submit a letter of application and current curriculum vitae, to https://jobs.coastal.edu. For full consideration applicants should submit materials no later than November 11, 2013.
Coastal Carolina University is an EO/AA employer.
© Copyright 2015 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.