Job Seekers, Sign In
Dir. Institutional Research & Effectiveness « Position Deleted on 12/22/2013 »
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsAverett University, Danville, Virginia, seeks applications for the position of Director of the Office of Institutional Research & Effectiveness. The Director (1) serves as the college administrator responsible for planning, developing, directing, evaluating, and conducting institutional compliance efforts and research; (2) takes a leading role in strategic and planning processes; and (3) assures institutional compliance with standards of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). In addition, the director provides leadership and general support of academic and administrative units' (to include Student Life and Student Affairs) program assessment to systematically improve student learning outcomes and program quality. The Director reports to the Vice President for Academic Affairs.
Submit cover letter, resume, unofficial transcripts, and three professional letters of reference specifically related to this position to OIRE@averett.edu. No phone calls please. Review of applications will begin November 15, 2013, and the position will remain open until filled.
The Director must hold a master's degree (doctorate preferred) in an appropriate academic discipline with an emphasis on quality, program productivity and evaluation of institutional programs and initiatives, demonstrated experience with quantitative research methods and statistics, a sound knowledge of qualitative research methods, and a minimum of three years of experience in a higher education management/leadership role. Strong attention to detail while possessing the ability to see the "big picture" is a must. In addition, the position requires the following:
- Excellent organization, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently with little supervision; manage multiple projects; meet deadlines
- Experience with PowerCampus or similar student information system
- Experience with Compliance Assist a plus
- Experience working with Excel, including ability to write formulas, format tables, and create pivot tables
- Working knowledge of database applications (MS-Access and relational)
- Experience working with SAS or SPSS and/or SQL; ability to write syntax to generate routine analyses;
- Ability to prepare professional quality data reports and to communicate in understandable formats
- Ability to create a culture of assessment to include building working relationships with all members of the Averett community
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Direct and manage institutional research projects to assess short- and long-range institutional needs, including studies required for assessment of student outcomes, accreditation of the college and individual programs, enrollment management, program review, student demographics and other ongoing efforts to measure educational and institutional effectiveness; assume leadership for the identification and attainment of project goals and objectives.
- Organize and implement assessment education for faculty and staff
- Actively participate in and support the general education assessment process and academic program review
- Create response efforts as required by SACSCOC; compile and submit accreditation update reports
- Compile, analyze, and maintain statistical and other data for reports related to institutional effectiveness including demographics, productivity, student success, retention, persistence; coordinate timely responses to surveys and reports for ongoing efforts of the university to measure its effectiveness
- Analyze academic, administrative, and institutional effectiveness data in support of decision-making and policy formation
- Oversee the ongoing development and implementation of the University strategic plan as it relates to Institutional Effectiveness initiatives and work directly with the President and other university leaders to develop a system for strategic planning
- Provide consultation, support and/or technical assistance on specific research projects for departments, administration, programs, and faculty
- Provide leadership in the design, implementation, and analysis of the technical aspects of assessment such as focus groups, surveys to assess both University wide and departmental goals and objectives (including standardized surveys such as NSSE and FSSE)
- Serve as IPEDS key holder, supply data to organizations such as College and University Professional Association for Human Resources (CUPA-HR), AACU, US News, Princeton Review, etc.
- Monitor regulation related to Federal, State, accreditation, and other regulatory agencies
- Manage the budget for the Office of Institutional Research & Effectiveness
- Supervise Institutional Research Assistant and student workers
8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Monday-Friday with occasional weekend work
Physical Demands: Light to Moderate
Averett University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
© Copyright 2015 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.