Director of Assessment and Program Evaluation, School of Nursing « Position Deleted on 4/03/2014 »
Excelsior College, a regionally accredited, nonprofit institution and a leader in distance education is seeking candidates for the position of Director of Assessment and Program Evaluation within the School of Nursing.
Excelsior is institutionally accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education and all the degree programs within the School of Nursing are accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Education in Nursing, formerly known as the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission. The School has been designated a Center of Excellence in Nursing Education by the National League for Nursing three times and as the Best School for Men in Nursing by the American Assembly for Men in Nursing five times. It is also home to the Tau Kappa Chapter of Sigma Theta Tau International, Honor Society of Nursing.
This position is a non-tenured, full-time, year-round administrative position with competitive compensation based in Albany, NY.Summary
The Director of Assessment and Program Evaluation (DAPE) will be responsible for the management of the outcome assessment process in all the degree and certificate programs in the School of Nursing. The DAPE will provide support to Faculty Program Directors in articulating and assessing learning and program outcomes. Responsibilities include overseeing the design, validation, implementation, analysis, interpretation, and reporting of outcomes assessment, curriculum review, and student retention. The DAPE also is responsible for implementation of the systematic plan for evaluation including data collection, analysis, and reporting as required by the specialized accreditation agency. This individual works collaboratively with the Dean, Associate Deans, Assistant Deans, Faculty Program Directors, and the office of Institutional Effectiveness to implement the outcomes assessment and research activities in the College's Outcomes Assessment Framework.Responsibilities
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Review and manage outcomes assessment process for the School of Nursing (SON).
- Act as primary interface between the School of Nursing and the office of Institutional Effectiveness to ensure compliance with College-wide assessment initiatives.
- Act as primary lead in the development and maintenance of the systematic plan of evaluation.
- Ensure timely completion of activities as directed by the systematic plan of evaluation.
- Assist in the development and selection of assessment instruments, strategies, and rubrics to measure program outcomes and the effectiveness of curricula, teaching activities, and learning services for the SON.
- Create and maintain databases and archives relevant to the systematic plan for evaluation for the SON.
- Develop and administer direct and indirect assessment instruments to assess outcomes; oversee the analysis, interpretation and reporting of results in support of overall College-wide and SON assessment initiatives and processes.
- Contribute to student retention research and analysis.
- Conduct special projects for the SON.
This position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities also include:
- Interviewing and training employees.
- Planning, assigning, and directing work.
- Addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Travel is occasionally required.Qualifications
- Minimum of a master's degree from a regionally accredited institution preferably in curriculum development, assessment, measurement, program evaluation, institutional research, or a related field.
- Strong research design and analysis skills.
- Demonstrated mastery of outcomes assessment strategies and tactics in higher education, preferably in setting(s) featuring distance education and adult learners.
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills.
- Excellent computing skills including statistical analysis, data storage, and data base manipulation.
- Excellent skills in qualitative and survey research.
- Experience in higher education in a faculty or administrative role.
Excelsior College offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package that includes paid time off, retirement, and excellent health insurance. Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, salary history, and the names of three professional references. Please submit requested information online, or by mail:
Human Resources Office
Director of Assessment and Program Evaluation, School of Nursing Search
7 Columbia Circle
Albany, New York 12203-5159
We are an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that strives to enhance our ability to develop a diverse faculty and staff and to increase our potential to serve a diverse student population.