Job Seekers, Sign In
Director, Institutional Effectiveness « Position Deleted on 7/03/2014 »
|Location:||River Grove, IL|
|Posted:||06/02/2014 (Reposted Job: Initially posted on 04/04/2014)|
|Salary:||$66,000 USD Per Year|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsESSENTIAL FUNCTION OF POSITION:
The Director of Institutional Effectiveness position is responsible for the leadership and management of a comprehensive program of institutional effectiveness. Specific duties include the generation of institutional data for internal and external constituencies; design, development, analysis, and interpretation of research studies; and communicates information/reports required for the College's institutional effectiveness.
EDUCATION: Master's degree required in Research methodologies or equivalent.
EXPERIENCE: A minimum of five to seven years experience in higher education; direct experience working with faculty and college/departmental administrators in individual and group sessions in support of research activities. Experience in conducting focus groups preferred.
KNOWLEDGE: Demonstrable knowledge of research methodologies, standards, and ethics, including privacy issues and research protocols comparable to those of an Institutional Review Board.
SKILLS: Effective project-, resource-, and time-management skills; demonstrable verbal, written, and presentation skills; and critical thinking skills. Strong organizational skills are required, as well as demonstrable creativity and the ability to collaborate effectively with external as well as internal clientele. Working knowledge of computer applications, including statistical packages, data retrieval programs, databases, data processing, word processing, internet, and basic web development.
- Analyzes and presents institutional data to facilitate data driven decisions for the institution with an emphasis on improving student success.
- Creates data-driven performance measurement and accountability systems that establish benchmarks on institutional performance.
- Utilizes relevant research data to build a culture of evidence to improve student retention and success.
- Designs and administers instruments both qualitative and quantitative for institutional assessment and evaluation.
- Initiates and participates in communication of research findings with appropriate stakeholders.
- Evaluates the validity of institutional effectiveness data and proactively and systematically shares information with relevant college and community constituencies.
- Provides leadership in the continuous quality improvement of institutional data by facilitating college-wide awareness and collaboration among staff responsible for data entry, data retrieval, and reporting.
- Engages staff in learning opportunities in support of the preparation of internal and external reports, including the identification of data, retrieval of required data, and basic statistical processing.
- Continuously seeks and implements best practices in institutional effectiveness.
- Collaborates with campus leadership in the process of programmatic reviews, assessments, and evaluations.
- Provides research expertise and collaborates with various constituencies in the preparation of the Productivity, Quality, Performance Program Review, and Underrepresented Groups Reports to ICCB.
- Develops annual timelines for and monitors timeliness of all data analysis and reporting processes, both internal and external.
- Leads budget development for Institutional Research area.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
RECEIVED: Dean, Research and Institutional Effectiveness
Triton College is an Equal Opportunity Employer
© Copyright 2015 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.