Dean of Research
- Admin - Institutional Research and Planning
- Executive - Deans - Other
Dean of Research
Do you embody the scholar-practitioner model? Are you passionate about graduate student learning and energized by supporting faculty and
students as they develop as researchers and scholars? There is a community that exists inside our organization. Working as a team at
University of the Rockies, we foster student success and cultivate tomorrow's thought leaders. Do you seek an opportunity to help students
find their academic voice?
Essential Job Duties:
- Provide strategic, academic, and operational leadership for research at the University including faculty, curriculum, accreditation, and compliance.
- Serve as the senior research administrator by providing oversight and guidance to students and faculty related to all academic matters related to scholarship, dissertation, and research.
- Develop, operate, evaluate, and continuously improve processes to support student and faculty research and academic preparedness for research and dissertation as well as the assessment of Research Learning Outcomes (RLOs) across all programs.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the University of the Rockies research team including faculty, staff, Director of Library Services, Institutional Review Board and Research Review Board.
- Oversee the recruiting, developing, retaining, and evaluating of qualified research faculty, methodologists, and dissertation chairs and committee members whose performance are consistent with University of the Rockies' educational model.
- Evaluate doctoral programs and direct the integration and development of research and scholarship skills throughout the life cycle of all academic programs.
- Ensure compliance with Institutional Review Board guidelines.
- Work closely with Provost, Vice Provost, Deans, directors and academic governance structures to ensure research and scholarship rigor in course work and curricula .
- Establish and ensure compliance with guidelines and standards for dissertation research, writing, and critical analysis of results.
- Work directly with deans and faculty to develop, implement, and maintain a comprehensive institutional research culture supported by programs and outcomes that manifest in high quality academic research prepared and submitted by our student body
- Advise faculty and students on institutional guidelines for conducting research
- Manage departmental budgets for research division and the University library.
- Ensure the accuracy of content in the handbooks, catalog, website, and marketing materials as related to research, academic support, and library services.
- Provide expert level research and experimental design support to faculty and dissertation committee members.
- Conduct primary research and publish in scholarly journal and present at academic and professional conferences
- Build and maintain relationships with individuals and organizations outside the university that foster, promote and publish scholarship and research
- Facilitate the selection of research resources for students and faculty, including
Center), and self-help resources online
- Participate in faculty development efforts to ensure faculty members are well prepared to support students' scholarship and research
- Represent the University as member and attendee at conferences of organizations and societies that focus on research, measurement, and scholarship in academics, especially the social and behavioral sciences
- Serve on the President's Cabinet, Academic Governance Council, Dissertation Process Committee, Policy and Implementation Council, and other committees as directed by the Provost.
- A positive attitude and ability to adapt to, initiate and encourage positive change, including the ability to work effectively in a strong service environment that is subject to constantly changing priorities
- Ability to work effectively with all levels within the University and develop informal, cooperative relationships among diverse, multifunctional departments; anticipate stakeholders's needs, expectations and requirements.
- Ability to initiate appropriate actions and make systematic changes to avoid problem situations and/or increase the probability of desired outcomes.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, including skills in making oral and written presentations through various media formats to colleagues or subordinates to provide information, instructions, or explain subjects of interest.
- Strong planning and organizational skills and ability to set priorities and meet aggressive commitments to achieve objectives; manage multiple, diverse assignments/projects.
- Possess attention to detail, ability to prioritize multiple initiatives and tasks, and organizational skills
- Proven ability to work with non-traditional students and faculty in both on campus and online environments
- Experience teaching graduate students, including online teaching experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research design and research methodologies, statistics, and measurement
- Demonstrated track record of scholarship and research outputs
- Demonstrated ability to provide expert counsel to graduate students in all aspects of dissertation and thesis scholarship and research
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Proficient in the use of relevant software, including Microsoft Office, statistical analysis and qualitative software packages, and online search engines
- Experienced in the development of a dissertation, thesis and academic support division for online students.
- Five or more years of experience teaching graduate students, including online teaching experience.
- Earned doctorate in behavioral and social sciences from a regionally accredited institution or equivalent from foreign institution, which required a research-based dissertation.
- Doctorate should include academic preparation in research design, methodologies, measurement, psychometrics and statistics.
- Doctorate Degree required