Job Seekers, Sign In
PARAPROFESSIONAL II #2287 « Position Deleted on 7/07/2012 »
|Institution:||Gateway Technical College|
|Salary:||18.09 USD Per Hour|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobs*** DO NOT USE THE APPLICATION FOUND ON THIS SITE. ***
*** PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT WWW.GTC.EDU/HR FOR AN APPLICATION AND INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO APPLY. ***
POSITION LOCATION: Developmental Education, Kenosha
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Under the supervision of the Dean of Developmental Education, the Paraprofessional II is responsible for providing assistance to the instructional staff with student registration, attendance records, agency reporting and progress reports. Responsibilities also include providing assistance to students with special needs requiring accommodations as identified by the Special Needs instructors.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Applicants must meet ALL of the required qualifications. Please provide copies of all supporting documentation with your application (i.e. transcripts, certifications, licenses, etc.):
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Experience working with adults in an educational setting; preferably in an agency setting
· Computer skills-Ability to maintain computerized records
· Strong organizational and interpersonal communication skills essential
· Ability to communicate effectively with individuals of various economic and educational backgrounds
· Experience working with special needs adults in an educational setting; course work in special needs
· Experience working with adults in a multi-cultural setting
· Two years post-secondary education
SALARY: Labor Grade 9: $18.09 per hour, $37,672 per year.
HOURS: Monday-Friday, 8:00-4:30 p.m.; 40 hours per week; 12 months per year.
BENEFITS: Benefits include medical/dental, life and disability insurance, paid holidays, paid sick leave, paid vacation and participation in the Wisconsin Retirement System.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: This position has union representation. Employment is conditional upon completion of a background and reference check that is acceptable to the College.
STARTING DATE OF EMPLOYMENT: As soon as possible.
DOCUMENTATION: For consideration, applicants are required to submit the following documentation: 1) a completed application; 2) a cover letter; 3) resume; 4) and photocopies of college transcripts for any post secondary education. Indicating "see resume" in blanks does not constitute a completed application and results in disqualification even when a resume is provided. Applications may be obtained on our website at www.gtc.edu/hr. Meeting the minimum qualifications does not guarantee an interview (External only). In the assessment of credentials, a higher rating may be given for education/training, skills and experience beyond the minimum qualifications.
APPLY TO: Gateway Technical College
Human Resources, Administration Building
3520 30th Avenue
Kenosha, WI 53144-1690
Phone: (262) 564-2868; Fax: 262-564-2838; or email: email@example.com
APPLICATION ACCEPTED THROUGH 4:30 P.M. JULY 5, 2012. It is the applicant's responsibility to meet this deadline. An application postmarked by the closing date but not received in the Human Resources department has not met the deadline.
GATEWAY TECHNICAL COLLEGE
Position: Paraprofessional II Position ID: 07013, 07067, 07037, 07014, 08709
Classification: Technical Range/Grade: 9
Reports To: Dean of Campus Affairs Location: R/K/E/B
Division: Academic Affairs Hours: 15, 20 & 40
Department: Academic Development Date: 06/14/12
The Paraprofessional is responsible for providing assistance to the instructional staff with student registration, attendance records, agency reporting and progress reports. Responsibilities also include providing assistance to students with special needs requiring accommodations as identified by the Special Need instructors. Bi-lingual Spanish translation need for Elkhorn campus.
1. Maintain computer-based student enrollment statistics and student attendance records.
2. Assist in student orientation.
3. Enter student data into the client reporting system record.
4. Assist with off-site instructional programs as needed.
5. Administer the TABE Level E and TABE for ABE/GED and ESL students.
6. Answer phones and send letters.
7. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. High school diploma or equivalent
2. Experience working with adults in an educational setting; preferably in an agency setting
3. Computer skills-Ability to maintain computerized records
4. Strong organizational and interpersonal communication skills essential
5. Ability to communicate effectively with individuals of various economic and educational backgrounds
6. Desired: Experience working with special needs adults in an educational setting; course work in special needs.
7. Desired: Experience working with adults in a multi-cultural setting
8. Desired: Two years post-secondary education
1. Employment eligibility for the United States
2. Ability to obtain the TABE test certification by attending authorized training session.
1. Tobacco free environment
2. Occasional lifting of supplies/materials including textbooks
3. Visible work area in shared office
4. Exposure to computer screen for part of the workday
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex or national origin. Gateway Technical College is an Equal Opportunity/Access Educator/Employer operating under an Affirmation Action Plan.
© Copyright 2015 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.