Job Seekers, Sign In
Physical Science Adjunct Instructor « Position Deleted on 10/23/2012 »
|Institution:||Ivy Tech Community College - Muncie, Indiana|
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
|Salary:||$2,110 USD Per Course|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsJob summary:
Ivy Tech Community College is a community based technical college which places primary emphasis on excellence in the classroom instruction. Faculty members are expected to demonstrate and maintain competence in each of the following areas throughout their employment at the college.
Mastery of Subject Matter
- Demonstrate a thorough and accurate knowledge of the field or discipline.
- Display an ability to interpret and evaluate theories in the field or discipline.
- Connect subject matter with related fields.
- Stay current in subject matter through professional development.
- Plan and organize instruction in ways which maximize student learning.
- Employ appropriate teaching and learning strategies.
- Modify, where appropriate, instructional methods and strategies to meet diverse student's needs.
- Employ available instructional technology when appropriate.
- Encourage the development of communication skills and higher order thinking skills through appropriate assignments.
- Communicate subject matter to students.
- Contribute to the selection and development of instructional materials.
- Support classroom efforts to promote student success.
- Establish and adhere to learning objectives.
- Develop evaluation methods which fairly measure student progress toward objectives.
- Evaluate and return student work to promote maximum learning.
- Maintain accurate records of student progress.
- Submit final grade rosters, grade books and attendance rosters to division administrators each semester according to established deadlines.
- Meet scheduled classes in accordance with college policy.
- Prepare, distribute and submit syllabi approved course outlines for all assigned sections in accordance with program and divisional policies.
- Maintain confidentiality of student information.
- Exercise stewardship of College facilities and materials.
- Respond, in a timely fashion, to information requests from College, division and program administrators.
- Contribute, when appropriate, to program and division curriculum development processes.
- Attend program, divisional and College meetings and events as feasible.
- Maintain familiarity with College goals, mission and long-range plans.
- Contribute to planning and development processes where appropriate.
It is required to complete our online certification class (or have completed an equivalent certification) before actually teaching a SCIN 111 course. This course will begin in Spring 2013.
When you go to our job website, https://jobs.ivytech.edu, please search by "Muncie" campus only. Apply to the Adjunct - Physical Science position in Muncie.
Ivy Tech Community College is an Accredited, Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer.
© Copyright 2015 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.