Campus Manager - Environmental Health & Safety « Position Deleted on 9/27/2012 »
|Institution:||Plymouth State University|
|Posted:||08/27/2012 (Reposted Job: Initially posted on 06/08/2012)|
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
Campus Manager - Environmental Health & Safety
Plymouth State University (PSU) is a vibrant regional comprehensive university that combines a heritage of teaching excellence with innovation in research and in community engagement. Plymouth State University, located in the scenic heart of the Lakes Region and White Mountains of New Hampshire, has approximately 4,300 undergraduate students and 2,700 graduate students.
Under administrative direction from the Director of Physical Plant, the Campus Manager of Environmental Health & Safety will research, design, and manage an environmental health and safety protection program, including compliance with applicable local, state and federal reporting and licensing requirements, in one the following areas: chemical and biological safety, fire and life safety, hazardous waste management, occupational health and safety, or radiation safety.
Minimum Acceptable Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in environmental health, safety or related field.
- Five or more years of progressive experience in environmental compliance, occupational safety or equivalent.
- Supervisory experience.
- Working knowledge of environmental, life and fire safety and occupational safety regulations.
- Training skills and experience.
- Excellent written, verbal, and communication skills.
- CSP, CEM Desirable.
- Certifications (required within 90 days of hire):
- NH Hazardous Waste Coordinator Certificate
- Certification in RR, HAC WOPER and DOT
- Cover letter
- Contact information for three professional references
Benefits & Salary: Plymouth State University provides a competitive salary, commensurate with experience, and a comprehensive benefit program.
Background Check: The finalist for this position will be required to undergo a full background check. Any offer of employment will be contingent upon satisfactory results.