Job Seekers, Sign In
Technical Assistant, TAACCT-TEAM (Full Time Temporary Grant) « Position Deleted on 12/06/2012 »
|Institution:||Monroe Community College|
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobs
Function of Position:
Technical Assistant will be responsible for supporting the implementation and coordination of a U.S. Department of Labor (USDOL) TAA Community College and Career Training Grant (TEAM). The individual will be responsible for the fiscal activities of the project, as well as gathering and interpreting outcome data both internally and from all partners, and the preparation of reports for the dissemination of grant-funded products to the USDOL and others as appropriate.
Examples of Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage relationships and
agreements with project partners to ensure that expenditures and data gathering is on track and within the regulations of the USDOL and MCC,
including the review of partner expenditures;
- Monitor project expenditures for the consortia of TEAM partner colleges and work with
controller's office staff on project budget issues;
- Work closely with controller's and auditor's offices on fiscal and compliance
- Support the efforts of the steering committee and its communication with all program partners;
- Assist in the
design of common data collection tools, procedures, progress measures and outcomes across all TEAM partner colleges and report the aggregate
information to USDOL as required;
- Coordinate software collaboration purchases and licensure for use by grant partners;
- Identify and resolve issues that may hinder successful implementation of the project;
- Assess technical assistance and/or
professional development needs and coordinate the delivery of appropriate training or support to partners;
- Coordinate with
appropriate MCC departments and partners for the submission of any grant modification or no-cost extension requests to USDOL;
- Coordinate grant closeout activities; and
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Project Director and/or Vice President of Economic Development and Innovative Workforce Service.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Management Science, Educational Administration, or
related field. Degree(s) must be from an accredited institution of higher learning;
- Four (4) years of experience assisting in the
management of projects with significant emphasis on budgets, data gathering, and reporting;
- Demonstrated experience monitoring
- Demonstrated experience assisting in the implementation of complex projects;
- Superior problem-solving and
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs; and
- Willingness and ability to work flexible hours to accommodate the needs of the program, including state-wide travel.
- Experience in administering or assisting on grants;
- Experience working in higher education and/or
familiarity with current trends within the training & development or human resource development fields;
- Experience in marketing
programs and educational services; and
- Experience in using BANNER, Amplifund, or a related grant management system.
Monroe Community College does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, religion, predisposing genetic characteristics, marital status or domestic violence victim status in admissions, employment, and treatment of students and employees or in any aspect of the business of the College.
© Copyright 2015 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.