Job Seekers, Sign In
Associate Vice President for Information Management « Position Deleted on 2/18/2013 »
|Institution:||Jackson State University|
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsThe overall role of the position:
- Serve as an assistant to the Vice President of Information Management.
- Assist with direction and implementation of technology solutions to achieve strategic objectives in the development of the Information Technology (IT) Strategic Plans and Tactical Plans in the development of IT governance committees and building an IT team with the focus on customer service and quality assurance.
Job Responsibilities and Major Duties:
- Help coordinate university wide Information Technology strategies, operational planning, and policies.
- Assist in implementing innovative technology in the business operations of the university.
- Oversee management of the following Information Technology units: Computing & Communications, Academic Information Technology, Information Systems & Integration, and Process Management.
- Manage human resources to achieve customer service satisfaction.
- Other duties as assigned by the Vice President for Information Management.
- Bachelor's Degree or Master's Degree required in Computer Science or related field, Ph.D in Computer Science or related field preferred.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in Computer Science, Information Technology, Technical management or related field.
- Current knowledge of information/education technology applications and innovations in the industry.
- Working knowledge of networking concepts and strategies.
- Working knowledge of Internet/Intranet technologies.
- Very strong communication, presentation, and management skills.
- Very strong Enterprise Resource Planning (Banner) experience preferred.
© Copyright 2015 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.