Job Seekers, Sign In
Merit Support Center (MSC) Supervisor « Position Deleted on 7/19/2013 »
|Institution:||University of Michigan|
|Location:||Ann Arbor, MI|
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
|Notes:||included on Affirmative Action email|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsJob ID: 83526
Job Title: Network Control Associate Supr
Working Title: Merit Support Center (MSC) Supervisor
Work Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
All applicants must submit a cover letter and resume to be considered for this position. In order for the Career Portal System ( www.umjobs.org) to accept a cover letter, please include a cover letter as the first page of your resume.
- Relocation assistance is not available for this position.*
- Salary commensurate with experience.*
The Merit Support Center (MSC) provides 24/7 365-day first level pre-sale and post-sale support for all Merit services including network connectivity, fiber infrastructure, and other services as well as administrative support to Merit Members and Customers.
The Merit Support Center Supervisor oversees the MSC providing responsive and high quality technical and administrative support in a 24x7 environment. The MSC Supervisor will keep the daily operations of the MSC flowing smoothly.
- Provide support, direction and assistance to MSC Analysts and MSC Associates on all areas of their assigned duties.
- In addition to working a regular schedule, participate in the on-call rotation as scheduled.
- Be proficient at every position in the MSC.
- Responsible for ensuring issues are progressed and updated accordingly during shifts.
- Escalation point for incidents and issues from both external and internal sources.
- See that service tickets are worked effectively and efficiently and that the work with Merit internal teams, Merit Customers, Members and Service Providers is effective in resolving service issues in accordance with established processes and procedures.
- Ensure effective triage and escalations occur to appropriate individuals, teams, and organizations in a timely manner to ensure efficient resolution and to minimize customer impact.
- Ensuring support issues are resolved within the SLA and to the satisfaction of the customer.
- Timely and frequent communication to ensure availability issues are understood and on target for resolution.
- Responsible for reporting and escalating issues to the MSC Director.
- Review and coordinate planned maintenance with Merit customers, contractors and Service Providers.
- Initiates and drives process changes designed to improve efficiency and customer satisfaction.
- Recommend and implement revisions to existing policies and procedures to make them more effective.
- Lead the creation and documentation of MSC procedures to better optimize Merit Support Center operations.
- Maintain standardization and consistency through process, procedure, and workflow management.
- Partner with multiple teams across the organization to report and track key metrics.
- Project lead special projects as assigned.
- Delivering a highly customer focused service to our clients - to exceed customer expectations both in technical resolution and customer service.
- Responsible for training new employees in policies and procedures.
- Identify and arrange or provide training for the MSC team.
- Provide feedback to the MSC Director regarding team members and team performance.
- Participate in professional development activities to continually improve skills and knowledge of trends in networking, fiber and IT services.
- A bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering networking or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- Demonstrated leadership and managerial skills and experience.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Network and network-based service monitoring and management tool experience.
- Strong desire to provide exceptional service to the Merit community.
- Ability to interact with technical and non-technical customers in a positive and supportive manner regardless of circumstances.
- Knowledge of host-based services and some understanding of Unix and Windows.
- Fluency with the following applications: MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat Pro.
- Proficient at using email, shared calendaring, and other collaborative applications.
- Strong customer service background and demonstrated organizational skills.
- Must be self-motivated and work well within a team environment and also have the ability to work independently.
- Ability to manage multiple issues in a fast-paced environment.
- Be a continuous learner. Have the ability to learn and enjoy learning new things.
- Candidate should have the experience, willingness and ability to work fixed schedules outside of normal business hours, to work holidays and a changing schedule.
- Experience with 24/7 service support policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated excellence at maintaining strong working relationships with multiple clients, organizations, customers, management, and peers.
- Experience continually improving the organization's capability, effectiveness, and reputation.
- Experience in project management.
- Knowledge of outside plant engineering, construction, and splicing of fiber optic networks.
- Experience with Salesforce.com.
- Experience working with higher education, K-12 educational institutions, libraries, research institutions and other public sector non-profit organizations a plus.
The University of Michigan/Merit Network is a non-discriminatory/affirmative action employer.
© Copyright 2015 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.