Job Seekers, Sign In
Director of AmeriCorps and 21st Century Grants at NEOMED « Position Deleted on 9/21/2013 »
|Institution:||Northeast Ohio Medical University|
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsSummary The Director is the day-to-day administrator of AmeriCorps and 21st Century Grants awarded to NEOMED. These grants provide support to high school and undergraduate pipeline initiatives affiliated with the Northeast Ohio Medical University. The director is responsible for managing all aspects of the grant implementation. Frequent travel required.
Principal Functional Responsibilities The Director provides general and day-to-day oversight and management of AmeriCorps and 21st Century Grants and their engagement with high school and undergraduate pipeline initiatives affiliated with the Northeast Ohio Medical University. Functional responsibilities include:
· Project oversight of AmeriCorps grants and 21st Century Grants
· Managing day to day operations on and off site in northeast Ohio
· Professional Development and project training for Teachers and Professionals for the Health Professions Affinity Community and 21st Century grant curriculum.
· Knowledge and experience writing and implementing 21st Century Grants
· Professional relationships with high schools and undergraduate educational programs located in northeast Ohio
Qualifications · PhD in Educational Administration or related field
· Minimum of 5 years' experience administrating federal grants
· Minimum of 5 years' experience in higher education administration
· Experience administrating grants from the Ohio Department of Education
· Grant writing experience
· Training and experience with K-12 curriculum
· Experience with high school and undergraduate curriculum alignment
Key Skills and Personal Characteristics · Ability to collaborate with school districts, higher education institutions, families, and community members
· Excellent organizational skills
· Excellent interpersonal skills, written and verbal communications; including public relations skills.
· Utilize Microsoft Office Suite and other applicable software.
· Organizing information and projects and adhering to deadlines.
· Ability To: Work independently and as part of a team; Provide leadership and direction; and
Multi-task while managing multiple projects and assignments.
Posting Detail Information
NEOMED EEO Statement NEOMED is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants without discrimination on the basis of race, national origin, color, creed, religion, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other category protected by applicable state or federal law. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, NEOMED also affirms its commitment to nondiscrimination in its employment policies and practices. In compliance with Title IX (20 U.S.C Sec. 1681 et seq.), NEOMED prohibits sex discrimination, including sexual harassment.
NEOMED requests that you provide the voluntary information requested below. It will be kept separate from your application, in a confidential and limited access file, to be used for statistical compilation an analysis for Human Resources record keeping and reporting purposes. Your response will not be used in any way to determine your eligibility for employment. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.
Notification of Annual Security Report. The Northeast Ohio Medical University is committed to assisting all members of the NEOMED community in providing for their own safety and security. The annual security report is available on the NEOMED website at http://www.neomed.edu/officesanddirectory/campusoperations/campus-security-report-2012.
The annual security report contains information regarding campus security and personal safety including topics such as: crime prevention, authority of University security officers, crime reporting policies, and other matters of importance related to security and safety on campus. Additionally, the report contains information about crime statistics for the three previous calendar years concerning reported crimes that occurred on campus; in certain off-campus buildings or property owned or controlled by NEOMED; and on public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from the campus.
If you would like a paper copy of this report, please email email@example.com
This information is required by law and is provided by the Northeast Ohio Medical University Office of Public Safety.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
2. Cover Letter/Letter of Application
1. Curriculum Vitae
The University's dedication to excellence is complemented by its profound commitment to building and sustaining a culturally diverse academic community. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply. NEOMED is an equal opportunity employer and educator.
© Copyright 2015 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.