Assistant Registrar (Technology Services)
Position Deleted on 1/06/2014. This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobs.
Admin - Registrars
Job Purpose: Plan and direct operations within one of the following areas of the Registrar's Office: registration and records; academic services; technology; and, certification of student intercollegiate athletics eligibility. Includes effective application of polices, procedures and regulations; efficient administrative processing; and, providing of quality customer service. Responsible for setting employee goals, assessing employee performance and providing feedback, and making pay recommendations.
- Manage daily activities in designated operational area including defining and making staff assignments, monitoring services provided and ensuring quality service.
- Manage seasonal/cyclical activities associated with designated area including oversight of all necessary advance preparations.
- Oversee unit staffing needs including development and implementation of individual staff member performance plans; provide follow-up as required.
- Manage special projects as assigned such as implementation of new technology, implementation of new academic or administrative policies, research projects, etc.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience,
- Work Experience: Four to six years job related experience
- Certifications: N/A
- Skills: This job requires general knowledge of collegiate enrollment policies and practices and specific, working knowledge within assigned area of registration operations. Included are skills in strategic planning, organization, personnel management and customer service. Knowledge of polices, rules and regulations applicable to areas of responsibility are required as is use of office and specialized computer applications.
- Preferred Education: NA
- Preferred Work Experience: Five or more years of job related experience.
- Preferred Certifications: NA
- Preferred Skills:
- Project management
- SQL and report writing tools
- Student information system such as Banner, PeopleSoft, etc.
- Student information system add-on such as document imaging, degree audit, workflow, etc.
- Website design and web application oversight
- Windows, Mac, and mobile operating systems
- Supervision of staff (small team of three full-time)
- Communication (oral and written)
- Decision making
- Achieving results
- Building business partnerships
- Problem solving
Impact & Influence: This position will interact on a consistent basis with Enrollment Services management and staff; customers including faculty, students and the public; personnel in other campus departments. This position typically will advise and counsel unit staff, Enrollment Services management and customers.
The Registrar's Office is responsible for maintaining the official academic record for students at Georgia Tech. In support of the mission and the educational programs of the Georgia Institute of Technology, the Registrar's office seeks to accomplish our mission to the fullest.
In support of the mission and the educational programs of The Georgia Institute of Technology, the Registrar's Office seeks to:
- Create and maintain accurate student academic records in compliance with applicable policies, laws and regulations.
- Ensure continuously satisfactory service through good management practices and responsible stewardship and utilization of resources.
- Establish daily business practices which reflect the most advanced technological methods available to improve customer service.
- Make student data available in easily accessible formats to departments for administrative purposes and research.
- Interpret Institute, Board of Regents, and governmental policies to faculty, staff, students, parents and the general public.
- Assess the effectiveness of services provided to ensure equitable and ethical treatment of all customers.
Georgia Tech is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law. Consistent with its obligations under federal law, each company that is a federal contractor or subcontractor is committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, disabled individuals, special disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam era, and other eligible veterans.
© Copyright 2015 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.